HubSpot launches multi-million MarTech fund
US marketing software developer Hubspot has launched a £30 million pound fund to invest in the next generation of MarTech startups.
Dubbed ‘HubSpot Ventures’, the fund is earmarked for companies that help organisations to “grow better”.
Andrew Lindsay, VP of Corporate & Business Development at HubSpot, said in a blog post: “We are not prioritizing quick wins, early exits, or rapid returns on investment.
“We will seek out companies that take the long-view of success by putting customers first, investing in an inclusive company culture, and delivering a highly differentiated product,” he added.
Lindsay also shared the factors that HubSpot will be searching for in potential portfolio companies. They will be looking out for startups which:
- Align with our mission to help millions of organizations grow better
- Have potential to deliver unique value to the HubSpot community
- Be building a leading SaaS-based product
- Embody the values in HubSpot’s Customer Code and Culture Code
- Be raising a Seed, Series A, or Series B round with a notable lead investor
In addition to financial support, portfolio companies will receive feedback and coaching to help them grow, as well as being given access to discounted HubSpot software and to its events.