Make is a growing digital agency in the heart of East London. Due to continued growth, we're looking for a new Website Developer to join our growing team.
It’s a fast paced dynamic environment. No two projects are the same. You’ll work alongside designers, marketers and other developers to create amazing custom Wordpress websites, along with other digital experiences.
Minimum two years as a commercial frontend web developer (with great WordPress experience) either at an agency, in-house or freelancer/contractor.
Key responsibilities include:
- Object Oriented PHP
- HTML + CSS(SCSS)
- WordPress Development
- Some server management
- Building, theming and running responsive sites
- Good eye for detail and love of being thorough
- Good written English and grammar
- Photoshop/Adobe CS
- Demonstrable success coding against project timelines
- Using project management tools such as Asana/Trello
Day to day tasks include:
- Coding/developing against requirements and project plans
- Coding/developing new web builds and the development of existing websites
- Updating content and images on Wordpress
- Template edits using CSS/HTML
- Running Wordpress updates (via the admin control panels)
- Maintaining spreadsheets and documents to track work being done and site information
- Working with the internal design team
- Reporting progress at regular intervals
- Completing project tasks as listed on Asana
- Implement technical SEO functionality
- 22 days holiday per year plus Christmas closing
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Bike scheme
- Working with a young, vibrant team in a modern office in Bethnal Green
- Friday office drinks
- Macbook Pro
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing company and Make are looking for a candidate who is keen to stay long-term and grow within the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Interested? Email email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover email.