Senior PHP Developer
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
You'll be tackling interesting challenges for a diverse range of clients to deliver the quality and robust solutions using open-source web technology.
You'll be able to effectively devise and communicate ideas and solutions, both with our team and clients, where you'll demonstrate your passion for delivering great user experiences.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
Where is it based?
We're flexible about location, but primarily you'll be based in one of our 3 offices, depending on what is most suitable for you and us.
What you'll do
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas
- Design and implement innovative and robust technical solutions
- Help coach and mentor our team of talented developers
- Ensure ongoing quality of delivered work through code reviews
- Help establish best practice and set standards for modern web development across the organisation
What are we looking for?
- Good knowledge of object oriented coding and SOLID principles
- Working with a PHP MVC framework
- Integrating with 3rd parties via APIs
- Implementing test-driven development practices
- Managing source control using Git
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Collaborating with other team members (developers, designers, marketers, etc)
- Good writing and communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with clients
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers
- Laravel (we are Laravel partners)
- AWS stack
- Knowledge of PHP-based CMS' such as Drupal or Silverstripe
- Implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
- As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
- Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.