We are an integrated creative agency, working to drive desire for some of the world’s best- known fashion and lifestyle brands.
We care about the way things look, as do our clients and their customers. But it can’t start and stop there, or it would be one-dimensional. So, we create immersive brand worlds and stories, deeply rooted in insight and behaviour that deliver tangible results.
Our team of 40+ based across our London, New York & Sydney offices are a multi-disciplinary bunch who are passionate about delivering beautiful work that works.
Working closely with our creative, strategy and accounts teams, you will be the copywriting lead on an iconic British retail account.Your key focus will be crafting copy for ATL campaigns; ensuring consistency, yet skillfully optimising it per channel - including OOH, press, digital advertising & paid social. You will also be able to provide examples & guidance to in-house client teams as to how the campaign copy flexes across owned retail (POS) & social/digi channels.
You will be adept in scribing witty, insightful & fresh copy with a British TOV to engage a core target audience of 35+ UK mums - covering headlines, end lines, body copy & product descriptors. The ability to input conceptually, crafting TV/film scripts & TOV guidelines would also be an advantage.
There will also be opportunities to work on in-house agency initiatives & new business opportunities.
Key Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ agency experience – including a minimum of 12 months’ fashion & lifestyle brand experience.
- Write, edit, proof copy across multiple platforms to a high level of accuracy and consistency
- Someone skilled in getting inside the minds of our brands & their various target audiences to deliver work that is both authentic for the brand and truly engaging for their audiences.
- Whether you’re from Hackney or Hong Kong, you have a clear understanding of what unites and divides the global audiences that consume our campaigns. You will ensure that our copy resonates on both a global and local level.
- A digital native – someone passionate, experienced & knowledgeable in delivering copy that is optimised to the various digital & social channels
- Able to clearly write-up and present your thinking – both internally and to clients
- Eyes open. You keep a keen eye on the most exciting campaigns, trends & innovations in the advertising, social, digital, tech & design sphere & where relevant apply to your teams’ creative thought-processes.
- A strong grasp of keynote would be an advantage but the appetite to become fluent in this is essential.
- An expert listener. You are someone who can keep up with fast-paced client and internal conversations, understanding the differing opinions.
- Engaging. People don’t stare out of the window or click their pens when you speak - you can inspire and excite with your clear & well-reasoned creative vision.
- Informal. Although were told that robots may replace us, let’s not become them. We embrace technology but are ourselves human. We find our clients prefer natural, honest, guards-down relationships so please don’t leave your personality at home. At ODD, you can be you.
- Resilient & positive. As much as we’d love to live in a perfect world, things can't always go to plan - goalposts move, time can be tight & opinions may differ. Shit does happen. You however, remain calm, catch those curve balls, calmly re-organise them & diplomatically throw ‘em back.
- Collaborative by nature. It’s part of our DNA at ODD and will be part of yours too. You love engaging with colleagues, clients and partners to reach brilliant solutions. You hate being chained to a desk, so we don’t do that at ODD.
- Culturally aware & inspired – specifically in terms of fashion, art & music
- Entrepreneurial. We love ambitious big thinkers. People who see opportunities & bring them to the table. This can be anything from identifying new briefs, suggesting agency initiatives or bringing new partners to the game. We’ll back you.
- Organised & reliable. You will make it your job to be crystal clear on what is required and when it is. Undoubtedly you will be needed to multi-task when working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive salary
- 20-days annual holiday allowance
- Plus Christmas paid leave (usually 4-5 days)
- Plus Birthday paid leave (1 day)
- 4.30pm Friday finishes
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) scheme with IPA
- Private Health Cover*
- Bike-to-work scheme*
- Discounted gym membership *
- Pension contribution *
* Available after satisfactory completion of a 3-month probation period
To apply, please send your folio and CV to email@example.com and put ‘Copywriter’ as the email subject.