Growth Marketing Strategist
We are looking for a strategic thinker with a growth hacking mindset who can join our strategy & performance team to work with clients who need to grow rapidly but don’t have the strategic know-how.
About the role.
Mediablaze is a world-leading digital marketing agency with unrivaled editorial expertise. Founded by editors, publishers and digital specialists with vast experience of building successful media brands, we use customer insight to shape remarkable content-powered digital experiences that help brands grow. We are looking for a strategic thinker with a growth hacking mindset who can join our strategy & performance team to work with clients who need to grow rapidly but don’t have the strategic know-how.
Working with the agency’s Growth Marketing Director and client-facing teams, you will be your client’s growth mastermind, working with them to build, test and execute growth strategies that will deliver your client’s overall business objectives.
You will be expected to devise growth strategies across all digital channels helping our clients find the right formula for creative, content and performance tactics to reach their goals. You will have a strategic mindset and be obsessed with experimentation; constantly striving to get better results whilst not being afraid to get your hands dirty with execution.
You will have a passion for data and be very comfortable with analytics tools to seek out opportunities within our client’s customer journeys, identifying purchase barriers and then building tests and measurement frameworks to quantifiably move the dial.
Ideally, you will come from an agency or client digital background, having hands-on experience with digital tools is a must, as is the confidence to work closely with clients.
- Analytical Mind – figuring out the best way to achieve client objectives takes creativity, problem-solving & evaluation of results. An analytical way of thinking means you can navigate the choices logically and systematically, testing different approaches and comparing the outcomes and adjusting accordingly. We’re looking for the ability to understand and track customer journeys, identify purchase barriers and develop tactics to overcome them and optimise conversion rate.
- Strong Cross-Channel expertise – be able to build strategies for, but not limited to, CRO, SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Organic Social, Content Marketing & UX.
- Confident with Numbers & Spreadsheets – growth marketing is a data-driven pursuit. You must be happy with looking at a table of figures and be able to glean insights from what you see.
- Hands on digital platform experience – build campaigns & implement tracking, data capture & measurement plans – implementing GA tracking, UTM frameworks, Facebook pixel, Facebook custom audiences.
- Strong stakeholder management – build strong client relationships by becoming their trusted partner and digital marketing expert. You will also be a proactive communicator an excellent presenter – able to distill and explain complex concepts to a wide audience.
- Passion for Learning – digital marketing is ever evolving. Platforms change and adapt weekly and you must be happy with keeping up to date with new changes and learning about how they may impact our output.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and thoroughly to prioritise and complete tasks under multiple deadlines.
- Ability to deal with impromptu client and partner agency requests in a calm, collected way and the ability to ‘play well’ with other agencies within the client’s current agency roster.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen are a must, along with the ability to be detail- and deadline-oriented while managing multiple projects.
- Bags of energy, dedication, commercial acumen, entrepreneurial drive and creative flair, with a desire to make a real difference.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Proven track record of presenting to client decision makers.
- A desire to work in a close-knit, highly successful team with clear accountability.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment with excellent organisational skills.
Work Environment & Annual Leave
Mediablaze is based at WeWork (Stamford Street, Waterloo, London) – providing a relaxed, flexible and entrepreneurial environment. The working hours of the agency are 9.30am to 5.30pm (designed to soften the blow of the London commute). On occasion, we dig deep collectively to meet a deadline or close an exciting new opportunity, but we don’t make a habit of it – but with plenty of coffee, tea, snacks and beer available it’s easy to go that extra mile with a passionate team of like-minded individuals.
The role is given 25 days per annum of annual leave, including the closed office days between Christmas / New Year and excluding UK Public Holidays. This allowance runs to the calendar year and is pro rata’d for mid-term appointments. An additional day is granted for each completed year of service (up to a total cap of 28 days per annum).
Who are Mediablaze & Who do we work with
We are an award-winning digital marketing agency with unrivaled editorial expertise, we create connected customer experiences that help brands grow. We were founded in London in 2010 by a group of editors, publishers and digital evangelists who saw that technology was reshaping the way people relate to brands. As part of the Hearst network, we offer integrated capabilities and global reach specialising in strategy, content, creative, tech, SEO, PPC, media and data.
Our clients include household names and globally recognisable brands including the likes of Volvo, Jaguar Land Rover, Timberland, Sofa.com, Speedo, Shiseido to name but a few.
To apply for the role, please share your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com