Senior Creative Designer
Cyber-Duck are looking for a versatile Senior Creative Designer to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
As an agency more and more we find ourselves producing more and more dynamic content for both clients and our own marketing. To service both needs we need a senior creative designer who is naturally conceptual, can think up ideas as well as execute them. Someone with the right capabilities and a keen eye for detail for both the product space and marketing communications.
The candidate must occupy a wide skill set which ideally range from Video Editing and Motion Graphics on one end, through Digital and Print and into UX/UI at the other end of the spectrum.The majority of the remit will inevitably be video but not exclusively, candidate will be working very closely with our Marketing Manager & Creative Director.
Candidate must have between 3 to 5 years (or more) experience across the design or marketing arenas. Must be well versed when it comes to working under pressure, maintaining a positive outlook and delivering high quality pieces of content that are both on brief and on point.We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you do your best work.
Where is it based?
We're flexible about location, but primarily you'll be based in one of the offices below, depending on what is most suitable for you and us.
- Farringdon, London
- Elstree, Hertfordshire
What you’ll do
- Use tools such as Final Cut Pro/Adobe After Effects to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects, to arrange films into sequences, and to correct errors.
- Select and combine the most effective shots from shoots or image libraries to form a logical and smoothly running story, following scripts or instructions of creative directors and producers.
- Review assembled films or edited videos to determine if corrections are necessary.
- Sometimes (in the minority) act as a Director of Photography or a stills photographer.
- Design in Adobe Suite software for various outputs on screen or in print
- Facilitate collaborative workshops and design studios
What are we looking for?
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
Required Skills and Experience
- The senior creative designer should know their way around anything that pertains to audio and visual media.
- The order in which footage received is not that important because the senior creative designer should know how to take the footage and place it in a smooth sequence.
- The senior creative designer incorporates techniques that include inserting audio files for sound into video, while using linear editing systems such as Final Cut Pro or After Effects.
- The senior creative designer also works on inserting effects that keep the video rolling and engaging, rather than time-consuming and dull.
- The senior creative designer knows how to effectively use a voice-over technique, which inserts an audio excerpt over the video footage.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficient in design software (e.g. InDesign or Sketch)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colours, fonts and layouts.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- BSc degree in Design or Video, Visual Arts or relevant field.
What are the benefits?
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
- Pension contributions
- Private health insurance package
- Life insurance
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- Support to grow in areas you're interested in, whether it's becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
- A laptop and a (discretional) mobile phone
- EMI share option scheme
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
- As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
- Gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Medical insurance upgrades
- Additional pension contributions
- Additional holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
- Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee's pretty good too.
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email to email@example.com, telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio.