Head of Content
We are looking for a highly intelligent, charismatic and creative thinking individual who is passionate about and has a strong background and experience in content marketing. Creative flair is a must for this role along with an eye for operational detail and excellence.
The role will involve managing a team of Content Directors, Strategists, and Executives to implement and evolve strategy for clients, working closely with the Croudie network, SEO, to deliver against client contracts and to educate internally to ensure best practice.
It is a role that will be working closely with the Director of Content and the Director and Head of SEO to establish a joined up approach, and tackle all client and new business endeavours together where necessary.
Managing the Content Account Director to lead the team, including all day to day management responsibilities. Broadening and building upon the content proposition, managing new business processes and adding to our portfolio of content clients. You will be an ambassador for Croud Content, both within the business and in the wider market.
Main Activities / Duties
- Working to, impacting on and communicating the strategic direction of content within Croud
- Broadening and building upon the content proposition
- Working with the Director of Content on new business pitches as either a standalone channel or within a wider media mix
- Line management of the Content Account Director
- Supporting Content Account Director with their line report management
- Inspiring and ensuring best practice across all content work
- Attending client meetings where necessary and supporting the content and wider channel teams
- Working with the Director of SEO on a joined up approach where necessary, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities within the teams
- Promoting content internally and externally for Croud, via events, articles and networking
- Working with the network team, to ensure the Croudie academy reflects the content work we do, and the nature of the Croudies we look to work with.
- Overseeing Croudie utilisation and margins on all clients, ensuring the team understand the commercials on each client and that we always work to a healthy margin.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree level education or equivalent / relevant work experience.
- 5 + years in a Content marketing role working within a digital organisation.
- Expert knowledge of current content marketing best practices and latest strategies.
- Proven track record in delivering content performance in highly competitive markets.
- Clear understanding of other digital marketing activities than content, clear understanding of management of cross channel activities.
- Proven experience of client insight development, spotting future industry changes and being one step ahead of the curve.
- Demonstrable experience in bringing creative content campaigns to fruition, meeting and exceeding client expectations and KPIs.
- Experience in client management, including end to end campaign and project management, as well as relationship building and management.
- Commercial sense - understanding how to set fees and rates for given activities, and how to identify an opportunity to widen a client contract.
- An understanding of the activities that make up content marketing, and the team members needed to bring this to life
- Experience in running a large and multi skilled team - while you do not need hands on technical experience of each discipline, you must know where they fit in the wider marketing mix.
- Pitching and new business experience, showing involvement in all aspects of the sales process from RRP and pitch to sign off and implementation.
- An interest in brand marketing and the ability to bring new ideas and concepts to the table.
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).