Senior Account Manager
It’s difficult to quantify spirit, but at Big Group, we have it in spades.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and organised senior account manager to join our rapidly growing team in Holland Park, London on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The team focus on B2B IT sector clients and work mostly on marketing collateral, video, interactive platforms and content development/copywriting – although you will also work with other departments to deliver campaigns for clients, such as events, social campaigns and data insights. The role is for a collaborative, passionate and organised individual who works as the interface between the account and design teams to deliver customer projects to cost, time and quality.
The senior account manager will handle regular communication with clients and will act as the secondary contact for some of our top IT sector accounts. They will need to be a good multi-tasker, have a good eye for visual, copy and content quality, be able to think quickly and build trust with clients. We want someone to work with our close-knit and experienced team on high-profile, high-pressure projects - with precision and panache. We’re looking for someone who can communicate across the board with openness, integrity and energy, bringing their A-game to our client’s challenges.
- Develop and grow strong client relationships across multiple accounts
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of clients’ business objectives and how to proactively translate these into actionable deliverables to exceed client’s expectations
- Confidently lead meetings, give presentations and report on success of integrated projects
- Act as the interface between account owners and designers – taking client briefs, working them up to comprehensive storyboards with account owners and content developers and then briefing them into designers, managing their questions and requests for further information
- Support the wider account teams by project managing smaller client projects
New business development:
- Identify and be proactive in looking for opportunities within your account
- Develop winning proposals – craft successful pitches working with the design team, strategy and account owners
- Project and Campaign Management:
- Confidently lead projects, campaigns and content idea generation
- Ensure work progresses to agreed timescales with an understanding of progress on a day-to-day basis
- Event/workshop management – including preparation of project plans, managing resources and meeting deadlines
- Take responsibility for budget control for assigned projects (raising estimates, raising POs, ensuring projects stay within budget)
- Attend client meetings and provide project updates, support and contribute to the identification of new business opportunities, actively participate and prepare for presentations/pitch meetings
Skills & experience
- Significant experience of account management
- Project management skills – ideally in a design/ creative/ marketing environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop storyboards for video, print, work presentations and marketing materials, and to contribute creative ideas to communications plans
- Keen understanding of an agency environment
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word skills
- Strong organisational and project management abilities; ability to juggle, think quickly and make independent decisions
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for clients
- Results-focused approach with effective problem-solving abilities
- Ability to build rapport with clients and display empathy for designers, copywriters and co-workers when under pressure
- Passion for IT and technology – someone who knows their SD-WAN from their unified comms
- B2B experience, and even better, telecoms or IT sector experience
- Marketing or communications background – experience with video and campaign delivery
- Enthusiastic, personable, proactive and positive attitude