Full Stack Developer
We’re looking for a super talented full stack developer to join our engineering team in our Farringdon office. You’ll experience the thrill of working on a range of exciting high profile startup projects with the stability of an established agency.
Where does this job fit into the organisation?
Hex has grown rapidly over the past few years, and with it comes exciting opportunities and inspiring clients. This role fits into our engineering team, as a key contributor across our range of clients. We expect you to challenge yourself, to grow and develop, and create jaw dropping websites.
Who will I report to?
You’ll report directly into the Head of Engineering, however you’ll be working very closely and collaboratively with engineers of all levels and experts in all functions.
How many projects will I be working on at a time?
We actively work with a range of clients, covering large multi-year long web builds, smaller project work and monthly retainers. This means your month could consist of getting stuck in to a new e-comm platform, or split across a handful of interesting clients wanting new features on their sites.
What will my personal space be like?
Our Farringdon office is open plan, and you’ll have a spacious desk embedded within your high-performing team with storage for you to use. We also have several spaces for collaboration, such as meeting rooms and sofas.
What is the hardest part of this job?
It’s probably juggling your priorities and making solid progress, while simultaneously working in a fast-paced industry where things can change with little notice. There’s a lot of space to learn, grow, and supercharge your career.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Play a key role within cross-functional client teams and collaborate with experts in UX, UI, animation and marketing to produce award winning websites and webapps
- Take responsibility for the functionality of these websites, and ensure your code is clean, tidy and well-documented
- Maintain and improve websites across a range of retainer clients
- Work hard, be passionate about what you do and have fun while you're doing it
What we’d like to see in you:
- A proven track record of playing a hands on frontend or fullstack role within a fast paced organisation
- Familiarity with API endpoints and using them to get and post data
- Familiar with testing technologies, methodologies and frameworks, such as Jest, Cypress, etc, or the passion and drive to learn them
- Able to work closely in planning and execution with designers and other engineers
- Happy to work across a range of products and switch between them while making progress
Nice to have
- Skills or experience working with PHP, Vue, Nuxt or a headless CMS
- Open office with a fun and engaging culture, in the beating heart of Farringdon surrounded with markets, cafes and great places to eat
- Competitive salary including an annual bonus scheme
- Yearly training budget of £1,000 and access to ongoing off-site training/conferences
- Company MacBook Pro
- Unlimited drinks, snacks and fruit
- Monthly social events and away days
- Legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas
- Hex lunches
- Bi-annual appraisals
- Flexible working hours when required
- 25 days holiday plus 1 extra for each anniversary with us, for when you need a break
- Join in with events outside of work, like 5-a-side football, yoga and more